Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Tribute to my Partner In Crime

I will admit it. I am a reality TV junkie. I love shows like Cake Boss and Say Yes to the Dress!! I love shows that make me forget my real life. And in the last couple of months, I've started to love Extreme Weight Loss with Chris Powell on ABC.

Now, I just love Chris Powell. His enthusiasm cracks me up. He's always so loud about weigh-ins. He's funny. And he's not bad to look at (if I may be so honest). I love reading articles about him and his wife and children. His wife has been through a lot, too, recently going public about an eating disorder. This is something I respect.

As any good reality TV junkie, I googled the show. I googled Chris and Heidi. I've read several articles. I found out that Chris has written some entries on Huffington Post, which I love. And one I read today really hit home for me. It was titled The Power of a Positive Support Group. I loved the article and I loved its points. Having someone to support you means someone to celebrate with you on the loss of even one pound or the improvement of a 5K time by one minute. It also means someone to listen when you need to push through a wall.

I am so grateful that I am preparing to summit Pikes Peak with my big sister. Jac is an amazing person. She's a great mother and friend, she is strong, she is supportive. I couldn't imagine doing this without her.


No comments:

Post a Comment