Friday, August 30, 2013

No More Fast Food

While the goal is to climb a mountain next August, I think this whole year is a mountain and the physical climb will be the end of it.

I am in a rut. I was so excited about this plan when it started, and this week it has been harder than ever to follow through. I feel like I'm working my butt off, eating better, and sticking to it. So I want to see the pounds fall off on the scale. But they aren't. I'm hovering around the same numbers I've been for the last six weeks.

I'm trying to stick to the Weight Watchers plan. I'm tracking my PointsPlus, my ActivityPoints, and my WeeklyPoints Usage. I'm doing my healthy checks. And I'm not losing weight. Not much, anyway.

So where am I going wrong?
I can't tell you, but I can tell you that I might lose motivation if I don't make the changes soon. So for the month of September, I'm going to set a goal. And this is going to be hard. Incredibly hard.

I am not going to eat Fast Food. I very carefully set this goal with something in mind: My family eats out almost every Friday night. I meet my parents at our favorite Mexican restaurant where we all order the same thing. This is not fast food, but this is the only eating out I'm allowing myself. Because, if we're going to be honest, fast food is my vice.

So I will eat my chicken fajitas with no tortillas and no guacamole once a week. But I will have no other fast food. I will have no other food that is not prepared in my home.

Nutrition is as important as working out. And if I can make smaller changes each month that lead to a healthier lifestyle, then I'll be okay. Hopefully September will finally lead to some noticeable changes in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment