Saturday, August 17, 2013

You're Going to What??

Welcome to our new blog! Two Sisters To Summit was thought up when I (Jacque) convinced my kid sister (Kate) to summit Pikes Peak with me next summer!

We're both on a weight loss journey, but this crazy idea to summit on of Colorado's most famous 14ers came to me on a recent trip to Alaska with my family. My husband and I went on a hike up Wickersham Dome in the heart of Denali National Park.

I knew I was overweight. I knew I was out of shape. And I knew that I loved hiking. But this excursion really made me realize just how true all three of those were. On the long flight home to Southern Colorado, I decided that I was going to start training to summit Pikes Peak next summer!

A few weeks later Kate, my kid sister (in yellow up there!) came to visit and I took her on a hike through one of my favorite local mountain parks. She was having so much fun, I twisted her arm to join me in this journey!! Thus, our blog new blog was born!

So this is our journey, our attempt to train (and lose weight) to hike to the summit of Pikes Peak in August 2014! Thanks for joining us!



No comments:

Post a Comment